Important Information For Your First Appointment
You will need a referral from your General Practitioner. This may be faxed through or brought with you.
You may still attend without it, but you may not be able to claim your Medicare rebate.
Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment as you will need to fill out an Information sheet.
Please bring with you:
- Your Medicare card
- Any health fund details
- Any pension or health care card details
- Any relevant X rays or imaging of your breast
- Any reports of biopsies or previous breast surgery results
- A list of your current medications
- If you have had surgery before it is helpful to bring the contact details of your previous surgeon
- If you have any significant medical conditions and see other specialists or doctors for these, bring as much information as you can as it may be relevant in planning for surgery
- If you cannot speak English well and need help understanding or explaining yourself, bring along a relative or friend who can translate for you
- Bring a relative or friend anyway! Two sets of ears are always better than one
- A list of any questions you may have
We allocate longer appointment times for new patients.
If you are a new patient, especially if you have a cancer diagnosis, ensure that you have enough money in your parking meter to allow for at least a 30 minute appointment.